Eric P. Trawick, MD
Dr. Eric Trawick, a native of Vinton, LA, completed medical school at LSU-Shreveport, LA. During medical school, he demonstrated a strong work ethic and leadership skills in a many ways, including:
- Class President (2003-07)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
- Recipient to the Aaron Selber, Jr Leadership Award
- Recipient of the Nathan Bernstein Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence
After medical school, Dr. Trawick completed his Internal Medicine Residency, Gastroenterology Fellowship, and Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN. While at Vanderbilt, he served on the Resident Advisory Committee and received the Richard P. Schneider Teaching Award. Dr. Trawick and his wife Sara welcomed three children during this time.
Dr. Trawick is unique, because he is the only physician in Southwest Louisiana who has completed an Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship. This full year of extra training allows him to provide an extended line of specialized GI services for patients. Dr. Trawick also brings his skills in:
- Barrett’s Esophagus Ablation
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Enteral Stenting
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- Therapeutic ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- Over-the Scope Closure Devices
In addition to his practice at The Gastro Clinic, Dr. Trawick is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine-Gratis, responsible for training residents in Internal Medicine through the LSU-Lafayette.
For fun, Dr. Trawick and his wife love the outdoors, especially following their three children’s busy sporting activities.