- Clear liquids the entire day before your test.
- No medications with small beads in them the day before.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT.
- You must avoid any iron supplements or vitamins with iron a week before your test.
- If you are on any diabetic medications please hold them until after you are able to eat.
- If you are on any heart or high blood pressure or seizure medications you may take them one hour before leaving home.
- You must avoid Carafate, Sucralafate, or antacids 24 hours before your test.
- NO SMOKING for 24 hours before your test.
- You will wear a belt for 12 hours during the test and return the recorder and belt after the test.