You must check in at REGISTRATION on the 2nd floor of the Burdin Rhiel building at least 1 hour prior to appointment time.
- If you are on Coumadin, discuss this with the nurse or doctor. You will be told if you need to have lab work drawn prior to the procedure and whether you need to adjust or stop this medication.
- If you take Aspirin and do NOT have a stent, discuss this with the nurse or doctor. You may need to stop 10 days prior to procedure.
THE DAY before your test
- Eat a light supper.
- Please pack an overnight bag along with any home medications. This is an outpatient procedure, however depending on what is done; you may stay up to 24 hours after for observation.
- After your light supper, you may only drink clear liquids.
THE MORNING OF the procedure
- You may drink clear liquids until four hours before your procedure arrival time.
- You may brush your teeth.
- You must bring someone with you who can drive you home, because you will be given sedation for the test. If you do not bring a driver, your test will not be done. The person driving you home should be available to be with you when the doctor is discharging you so they can help you remember what is discussed.
- Insulin or oral diabetic medications should not be taken on the morning of your test. You may resume taking your medications after you are able to eat.
- Heart or blood pressure medications should be taken the morning of the test as regularly scheduled with a small amount of water.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AND ASK FOR A NURSE
IF YOU CANNOT KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR AT LEAST TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.