P: (337) 232-6697

What if the GI procedure shows something abnormal?

If your doctor thinks an area needs further evaluation, the physician might biopsy the site to be analyzed. Your GI doctor might control bleeding by injecting medications or by cauterization (sealing off bleeding vessels with heat treatment) or by small clips. Your doctor also might find polyps and the physician can remove them during the exam.