I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) What can I do at home?
- Probiotics – probiotics contain living organisms (Yeast). These are the good bacteria that helps digestion. Add these to milk or yogurt.
- Licorice – “grandmaw” advice. There is no scientific effect but some people find relief
- Peppermint Oil – Small doses of peppermint oil may ease pain and bloating.
- Chamomile Tea – This teas helps with upset stomach, nausea anxiety, and insomnia.
- Ginger – Small doses available in powder, capsules, tablets, or fresh cut root.
- Drink plenty of water
- Artichoke – artichoke leaf extract may help with indigestion, nausea, vomiting, gas, cramps, and abdominal pain.